Fast Tune-Ups and General Maintenance For Peak Performance
At A & G Auto Parts we know as the pace of technology quickens the classic "tune-up" changes. Our team is ready! We use cutting edge expertise and diagnostic technologies to help you keep fuel-efficient, high-performance cars and trucks running at their peak.
Automobile maintenance used to consist of a simple short checklist. But today, general maintenance requirements can vary widely from one vehicle to the next. Rapid changes in automotive technology can leave car owners asking, "What general car maintenance services do I need to stay on top of?"
Call today at 724-479-4116 or stop by our store at 4519 Old US 119 Hwy S to discuss general car maintenance and the auto parts you need to get the job done right.
Ask Us About 10 Cost-Saving Tune-Up Activities
- Use high-performance oil and other important fluids engineered specifically for your vehicle type.
- Your car battery does more than just start your car. Check battery voltage and charging voltage to keep the onboard computer systems working correctly.
- Scan for fault codes that report ignition, transmission, engine, and other auto repair concerns.
- Replace filters, including your fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve, and breather filter.
- Check for emissions issues and the O2 sensor to avoid costly engine repairs down the road.
- Check spark plugs, verify the idle speed and fuel mixture.
- Inspect rotor and/or distributor caps.
- Monitor dynamic compression to avoid auto repair problems like leaky exhaust valves or a bad head gasket.
- Check the ignition timing to detect sensor problems.
- Discuss with us how road conditions in Homer City create unique problems that affect wear and tear.
- If your "Check Engine" light comes on simply accessing the information needed from your onboard computer system to repair your car requires a high level of skill and knowledge. At A & G Auto Parts our highly trained auto parts experts are here to help.
Advice From The Car Care Council
The Car Care Council recommends that car and truck owners take the time necessary to become familiar with their vehicles. Study the owner's manual to become thoroughly acquainted with the operation of all systems. Pay special attention to the indicator lights and instruments.